Since the VoiceThread site was completely wonky and dysfunctional for me, I chose to make my little narrated slideshow using iMovie. I think it turned out pretty well...
Click below to view my presentation on how senior citizens are portrayed in popular media:
The Elderly in Media
I liked your museum presentation last class period. I usually never think about how the elderly are portrayed in the media, but you got me thinking. Aging is either a wonderful or terrible thing. If you are considered old, you are encouraged to celebrate it by living in communities, having a healthy sex life and taking medicine that lets you ride bikes and play with your grandchildren. If you are not considered old yet, you are encouraged to fear aging. I work at the cosmetics counter at Macy's and I have so many women come in trying to find creams that will get rid of wrinkles, age spots and sagging. It's this crazy industry that creates a problem (signs of aging) and markets a solution ($85 .25 oz jars)
ReplyDelete